Umm-ul-Quwain Free zones
Umm Al Quwain Free Zone is an ideal location for start-ups, young entrepreneurs and trading
businesses to establish their company in the UAE. Umm Al Quwain Free Zone gives access to the city’s
seaport while the Dubai International Airport and Sharjah International Airport is only an hour’s
The transportation facilities available in the region makes it a great place for trading businesses
to reach international markets as well. UAQ Free Zone undoubtedly has a lot of advantageous for
business set ups.
Main benefits of business set up in UAQ Free Zone
- 100% exemption from corporate and income tax
- Micro businesses and SME’s receives a lot of support from the government
- UAQ Free Zone seaport authorities provide discounts for trading companies
- No minimum capital requirement needed for companies to start businesses
- Companies have 100% custody of their income and funds
- 100% foreign ownership
- Affordable leases and office spaces
Types of licenses in UAE Free Zone
- Commercial License
- This license will let the holder import, export, buy, sell or distribute items. A commercial
license will allow 3 different product lines or 10 similar ones.
- General Trading License
- This license will let a business owner trade in a vast range of products that are permissible in
the UAE. However, products like crude oil, alcohol, pharmaceutical and such are excluded and
would require special permission from the government.
- Consultancy License
- Businesses that are consultants or offer professional advice on a specific profession (eg,
artisans or craftsmen) requires this license.
- Freelance Permit
- As the name suggests, this license is for freelancers in the creative, media and tech industry
who are planning to operate under their own name for freelance work.
- Service License
- Travel agencies, logistics, couriers, insurance services, car rentals and the lot would need
this license to operate their business.
- Premium Consultancy License
- This license allows businesses like aviation, real estate, tourism, oil & gas, financial, legal
and investment consultants to carry out their professional services.
Types of business set ups in UAQFZ
- Free Zone Establishment
- A small company with a single shareholder
- Free Zone Company
- Medium to large size companies with shareholders between 2 to 50.
- Existing Company
- A branch of a parent company
Select a suitable license type and company type
Depending on the type of business your company is going to perform, you can select a suitable license
accordingly. The cost can differ from one license type to another. Company type can differ from how
many shareholders your company will have and if it’s a branch or a new start up.
Choose the required facilities
Once the license and company type is selected next comes the building location, warehouses or any
other amenities required for your business.
Complete paperwork of required documents
Collect the required documents and paperwork to submit to the authorities
Once the paperwork has been submitted to the authorities you will be notified on paying for the
license to obtain it.
Start your business
Once all the documents are verified and your license approved, you can now successfully start your